Car Storage Tips
Advantage Self-storage units are a convenient, and safe place to store vehicles. Keeping your car, truck, van, ATV, golf cart, motorcycle, or jet ski at our storage facility will free up valuable space on your property, and or in your garage. Since our storage facilities rent on a month-to-month basis, this makes storing vehicles during the off-season or during extended periods of travel an excellent solution for an array of needs or situations.
- At Advantage Self Storage, we recommend our customers consider these questions before signing a lease agreement:
- What types of units and open spaces they offer for vehicles ( e.g., covered or uncovered)
- We only offer storage for vehicles in side of our units. We do not have any outside storage space.
- What size units or spaces are available (what is the maximum length of the vehicle that can be stored in those areas)
- We have units from a 5×10 up to a 10×30 in non climate controlled, outdoor units.
- Whether the facility has a service station for cleaning and maintaining vehicles on the premises
- We do not offer this service.
- If electrical outlets / RV hookups are available for charging batteries, heating or cooling, and lighting vehicles while you clean or fix them.
- We do not offer this feature at our facilities.
- Whether climate control is available (regulating the temperature in a storage unit can be important if you live in an area with extreme hot and cold temperatures)
- We do offer climate controlled units, but not for vehicle storage.
- Acceptable ways to transport your vehicle to and from the facility
- The car or vehicle must be operable when it comes to our facility.
- Hours of operation for bringing, removing, and accessing your vehicle
- Gate access hours is from 5am- 11pm.
- Is the facility clean, neat and well lit?
- We pride ourselves in being a clean and neat facility, and strive to be the best. Our drive isles as well as units are well lit for your safety and convenience.
- What security features are available at the site?
- We offer around the clock surveillance video recording, individual door alarms, personalized gate access codes, as well as a manager on the property 7 days a week.
- Most facilities have a few basic rules for vehicle storage:
- Wheeled vehicles must be in drivable condition, (i.e. must be driven onto the lot)
- Vehicles must be registered and insured, and you must provide proof of each
- Tires must be inflated
- Customers are prohibited from occupying vehicles while in storage.
Be sure to check with the self-storage facilities in your area about the specifics of their policies, and the type of vehicle storage that is available, before you decide where to store your vehicle.